CAMBRIDGESHIRE: County council set to consider code of conduct allegations against five councillors
FIVE Cambridgeshire County Councillors are being investigated for possible breaches of the members code of conduct. The council confirmed today that a complaint has been received alleging the five councillors – whose identities are being withheld- have b
FIVE Cambridgeshire County Councillors are being investigated for possible breaches of the members' code of conduct.
The council confirmed today that a complaint has been received alleging the five councillors - whose identities are being withheld- have breached the rules governing behaviour of elected representatives.
"In accordance with the council's procedures the complaint has been referred to the Standards Committee Assessment Sub-Committee," said a council spokesman.
This sub committee will "consider whether any further action is appropriate or a formal investigation is required".
You may also want to watch:
All members of the county council have been made aware of the allegations but asked not to comment publicly on them or to discuss the allegations with journalists.
n Readers with knowledge of the allegations can contact the editor, in confidence, at email@example.com
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter