Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- Credit: Terry Harris
A couple who have raised thousands of pounds for charity turned on their stunning 2021 display of Christmas lights.
Helen and John Attlesey, of Soham, decorated their home and garden again this year, having seen their charity collections doubled last year after exposure in the papers.
This week, they had a soft switch on so that they didn’t have hundreds of people turn up like previous years.
Lee Attlesey said: "Last year your donations raised an unbelievable £12,895.57 which is the largest amount donated in a year since John and Helen started their displays."
The money was divided as follows between three charities:
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) - £4,298.52
Dreamflight - £4,298.52
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
GOSH - £4,298.52
Money raised from donations this year will specifically go to East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
For those travelling to see the house display, the postcode is CB7 5EQ.
This year, Soham Town Rangers FC is allowing visitors to park in their car park to keep pedestrians safe and allow road traffic through.