Cambridge University expert to give general election insight at Wisbech Rosmini Centre discussion
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridge University expert will give his insight into the forthcoming General Election at an event in Wisbech on Saturday.
Dr Henry Tam will speak at the Rosmini Centre at 1pm. The event is organised by the Wisbech, March & District Trades Union Congress.
Dr Tam is the director of the Forum for Youth Participation and Democracy at the Faculty of Education and the Question the Powerful political education project.
Unite the Union director of education Jim Mowatt will join Dr Tam to lead a discussion on how the potential outcomes could affect the country’s democracy.
Trades Council president Terry Stevens said: “People are disillusioned with the traditional political parties, which is leading to a growth in support for parties that were originally considered on the fringe.
You may also want to watch:
“Equally there are concerns that this disillusionment is putting people off voting for anyone, however this could be the most important general election in generations.
“We hope people from all parties and from none and those who may be thinking of not voting at all will come and hear from unbiased professionals and join in the discussion.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
“As a result you will be better equipped to know how to vote on May 7.”