Cambridge University expert to give general election insight at Wisbech Rosmini Centre discussion
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridge University expert will give his insight into the forthcoming General Election at an event in Wisbech on Saturday.
Dr Henry Tam will speak at the Rosmini Centre at 1pm. The event is organised by the Wisbech, March & District Trades Union Congress.
Dr Tam is the director of the Forum for Youth Participation and Democracy at the Faculty of Education and the Question the Powerful political education project.
Unite the Union director of education Jim Mowatt will join Dr Tam to lead a discussion on how the potential outcomes could affect the country’s democracy.
Trades Council president Terry Stevens said: “People are disillusioned with the traditional political parties, which is leading to a growth in support for parties that were originally considered on the fringe.
“Equally there are concerns that this disillusionment is putting people off voting for anyone, however this could be the most important general election in generations.
“We hope people from all parties and from none and those who may be thinking of not voting at all will come and hear from unbiased professionals and join in the discussion.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 7 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“As a result you will be better equipped to know how to vote on May 7.”