Cakes at the Curlew: Sutton Bridge centre holds its first coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support
RESIDENTS donated home-made cakes as The Curlew Centre, in Sutton Bridge, held its first coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support today.
The newly-opened centre welcomed visitors for coffee and cake as part of Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning fund-raiser.
The event raised �55 for the charity, which helps cancer sufferers and their families.
Alan Barber, from the Sutton Bridge Community Centre Fund, said “As The Curlew Centre is newly-opened, this was the first year we have been able to host a Macmillan coffee morning but we are looking forward to making this an annual event as it’s such a great cause.”
Volunteer Linda Robinson holds a coffee morning every Friday between 9.30-11.30am in the Diamond Hall at the centre. The event is free but all donations go the upkeep of the centre.
You may also want to watch:
To help out contact 01406 351122 or for more information on The Curlew Centre visit www.thecurlewcentre.co.uk
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry