Cakes at the Curlew: Sutton Bridge centre holds its first coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support
RESIDENTS donated home-made cakes as The Curlew Centre, in Sutton Bridge, held its first coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support today.
The newly-opened centre welcomed visitors for coffee and cake as part of Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning fund-raiser.
The event raised �55 for the charity, which helps cancer sufferers and their families.
Alan Barber, from the Sutton Bridge Community Centre Fund, said “As The Curlew Centre is newly-opened, this was the first year we have been able to host a Macmillan coffee morning but we are looking forward to making this an annual event as it’s such a great cause.”
Volunteer Linda Robinson holds a coffee morning every Friday between 9.30-11.30am in the Diamond Hall at the centre. The event is free but all donations go the upkeep of the centre.
You may also want to watch:
To help out contact 01406 351122 or for more information on The Curlew Centre visit www.thecurlewcentre.co.uk
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online