Firefighers attend dramatic car fire in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A burnt-out car and another submerged in water were two dramatic incidents tackled by firefighters in Fenland last week.
Just the shell of the vehicle remained in the field after firefighters found it alight upside down in Wisbech.
Meanwhile in Leverington a car came off the road and into the nearby dyke.
A spokesperson for Cambs Fire and Rescue Service said: "Luckily neither of these incidents required any firefighting action.
"The casualty in the car in Leverington was out of the vehicle before the crews arrived, and the car fire was out and smouldering when they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
"The crews just made the area safe."
The incidents were posted on Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Services Facebook page today (June 17).
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal