Busy night for Fen Cops who seize uninsured cars and arrest unlicensed drivers
- Credit: Supplied/@FenCops
It was a busy night for police in Fenland after seizing cars and making arrests in Wisbech.
The first incident of the night walked right into officers when an Audi driver decided to start speeding with a marked police car behind them.
Officers caught up with the driver along Weasenam Lane in Wisbech and it was discovered they had no valid insurance.
The black Audi saloon was loaded onto a recovery lorry outside the Del Monte Quality factory.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Busy night again for seizing cars in Wisbech.
"Today's tip; don't speed with a marked police car behind you, this will insure you don't get stopped, Audi driver had no insurance."
The night continued as officers stopped a silver Renault car in the Fen town.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit discovered the driver had no valid licence.
The spokesman added: "Silver Renault stopped by @roadpoliceBCH driver did not have a valid licence."