Woman attracts new customers from Australia in successful first year
A WOMAN who dreamed of owning her own business is celebrating a first successful year that has seen her gain customers from Australia.
Sue Wright, from Leverington, set-up Wright Cards with free help from business support organisation NWES from Norwich.
Wright’s sells hand-made greetings cards, wedding stationery and a number of specially crafted paper and card designs for special occasions.
“When I was made redundant last year I decided that I needed to set up Wright Cards and turn my hobby into a business,” she said.
“Since then it has been non-stop with orders from as far away as Australia.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m my own boss now and I always have a smile on my face.”
She is set to unveil a new range of local village calendars to help raise money for St Leonard’s Church in Leverington as part of the nation’s Heritage Open Days this weekend.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police