Woman attracts new customers from Australia in successful first year
A WOMAN who dreamed of owning her own business is celebrating a first successful year that has seen her gain customers from Australia.
Sue Wright, from Leverington, set-up Wright Cards with free help from business support organisation NWES from Norwich.
Wright’s sells hand-made greetings cards, wedding stationery and a number of specially crafted paper and card designs for special occasions.
“When I was made redundant last year I decided that I needed to set up Wright Cards and turn my hobby into a business,” she said.
“Since then it has been non-stop with orders from as far away as Australia.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m my own boss now and I always have a smile on my face.”
She is set to unveil a new range of local village calendars to help raise money for St Leonard’s Church in Leverington as part of the nation’s Heritage Open Days this weekend.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’