Woman attracts new customers from Australia in successful first year
A WOMAN who dreamed of owning her own business is celebrating a first successful year that has seen her gain customers from Australia.
Sue Wright, from Leverington, set-up Wright Cards with free help from business support organisation NWES from Norwich.
Wright’s sells hand-made greetings cards, wedding stationery and a number of specially crafted paper and card designs for special occasions.
“When I was made redundant last year I decided that I needed to set up Wright Cards and turn my hobby into a business,” she said.
“Since then it has been non-stop with orders from as far away as Australia.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m my own boss now and I always have a smile on my face.”
She is set to unveil a new range of local village calendars to help raise money for St Leonard’s Church in Leverington as part of the nation’s Heritage Open Days this weekend.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May