Wisbech firm receives British Standards environmental accreditation
A WISBECH firm has had its environmental credentials endorsed after receiving accreditation from the British Standards Institution.
Anglia Components, a distributor of electronic components on Sandall Road, collected the ISO 14001 honour from Steve Barclay, MP for North East Cambridgeshire, who presented the award.
Businesses that help minimise how their operations impact on the environment are accredited with the internationally accepted standard.
Steve Rawlins, Anglia’s CEO, said: “British Standards has examined Anglia’s procedures for the handling of waste streams, recycling processes, energy and materials saving initiatives.
“We’re fully committed to minimising the environmental impact of conducting business and pursuing opportunities to benefit in reduced operational costs wherever possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anglia, the UK’s leading privately owned electronic component distributor, is already one of an elite few distributors to hold AS9120, one of the world’s most demanding quality standards.
Mr Barclay said: “The award is testament to this company’s commitment to meeting standards as well as commitment to the environment.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
“On my tour of the facility I was fascinated by the sophisticated use of technology in the Anglia operation, from the warehouse and the products they market and sell, through to the design and engineering support they give the customers they serve.
“To have a hi-tech organisation that is also doing exceptionally well in my constituency is most encouraging.”