Wisbech firm receives British Standards environmental accreditation
A WISBECH firm has had its environmental credentials endorsed after receiving accreditation from the British Standards Institution.
Anglia Components, a distributor of electronic components on Sandall Road, collected the ISO 14001 honour from Steve Barclay, MP for North East Cambridgeshire, who presented the award.
Businesses that help minimise how their operations impact on the environment are accredited with the internationally accepted standard.
Steve Rawlins, Anglia’s CEO, said: “British Standards has examined Anglia’s procedures for the handling of waste streams, recycling processes, energy and materials saving initiatives.
“We’re fully committed to minimising the environmental impact of conducting business and pursuing opportunities to benefit in reduced operational costs wherever possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anglia, the UK’s leading privately owned electronic component distributor, is already one of an elite few distributors to hold AS9120, one of the world’s most demanding quality standards.
Mr Barclay said: “The award is testament to this company’s commitment to meeting standards as well as commitment to the environment.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
“On my tour of the facility I was fascinated by the sophisticated use of technology in the Anglia operation, from the warehouse and the products they market and sell, through to the design and engineering support they give the customers they serve.
“To have a hi-tech organisation that is also doing exceptionally well in my constituency is most encouraging.”