Wisbech builders Kier Eastern sponsor prison service netball team
WISBECH-based builders Kier Eastern have given a �1,000 boost to the Prison Service’s netball team.
The Prison Service National Association (PSNA) approached Kier Eastern, who is currently building a new house block at Warren Hill Young Offender’s Institute (HMYOI) in Suffolk, for sponsorship to help their team to arrange more fixtures and have more regular training.
Josephine Davies, PSNA secretary who works at the Warren Hill institute, said: “We decided to approach Kier for sponsorship because it has a good reputation for supporting local causes within the communities in which it works.
“We also thought that its strapline, ‘integrated excellence, individual flair’, perfectly depicts our aspirations as a team and would look fantastic printed on the back of our netball shirts.
“We are extremely grateful to Kier Eastern for this generous donation of �1,000, which we will use to hold more regular national training sessions using a prison service coach.”
You may also want to watch:
Nick Bache, Kier Eastern director handed the cheque to the netball team before their game against the Home Office. He said: “We have a very good working relationship with the team at HMYOI Warren Hill, so when Josephine approached us about sponsorship for the netball team we were very happy to be able to help.
“I understand five Warren Hill employees will benefit from the development the PSNA will be able to offer its members thanks to this sponsorship so that’s great.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
“Integrated excellence, individual flair really represents how we work at Kier and we’re proud to lend our strapline to the Prison Service National Netball Team – I hope it will bring them luck in their fixtures.”