Wisbech builders Kier Eastern sponsor prison service netball team
WISBECH-based builders Kier Eastern have given a �1,000 boost to the Prison Service’s netball team.
The Prison Service National Association (PSNA) approached Kier Eastern, who is currently building a new house block at Warren Hill Young Offender’s Institute (HMYOI) in Suffolk, for sponsorship to help their team to arrange more fixtures and have more regular training.
Josephine Davies, PSNA secretary who works at the Warren Hill institute, said: “We decided to approach Kier for sponsorship because it has a good reputation for supporting local causes within the communities in which it works.
“We also thought that its strapline, ‘integrated excellence, individual flair’, perfectly depicts our aspirations as a team and would look fantastic printed on the back of our netball shirts.
“We are extremely grateful to Kier Eastern for this generous donation of �1,000, which we will use to hold more regular national training sessions using a prison service coach.”
You may also want to watch:
Nick Bache, Kier Eastern director handed the cheque to the netball team before their game against the Home Office. He said: “We have a very good working relationship with the team at HMYOI Warren Hill, so when Josephine approached us about sponsorship for the netball team we were very happy to be able to help.
“I understand five Warren Hill employees will benefit from the development the PSNA will be able to offer its members thanks to this sponsorship so that’s great.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
“Integrated excellence, individual flair really represents how we work at Kier and we’re proud to lend our strapline to the Prison Service National Netball Team – I hope it will bring them luck in their fixtures.”