We’ll drink to that! Elgood’s brewery celebrates after bagging two medals at national beer awards
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewer Elgood’s raised a glass in celebration after the brewery scooped a gold and silver medal in the Society of Independent Brewers’ (SIBA) national beer awards.
Elgood’s won the gold for its Cherry Wheat beer in the small pack category and silver in the keg beer competition for its Coolship Fruit.
The brewery, on North Brink, was commended by eighty judges at SIBAs National Beer Awards which was held recently at its BeerX event in Sheffield.
Elgood’s held off competition from sixty-four finalists in the small pack category and forty-five competitors in the keg.
Elgood’s trophy cabinet is growing for its Coolship range in particular, which won ‘Europe’s Best Sour Beer Lambic’ at the recent World Beer Awards and the silver for its Coolship at the Interntional Brewing Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing and New Product Development Director, Claire Simpson, said: “It is extremely rewarding to see that our new beer ranges are winning awards at national events. It encourages us to continue to innovate and introduce new beers to complement our core beers.”
The Sour beer line-up includes: Coolship, Coolship Fruit and Coolship Blonde. The Quintessentially English (QE) fruit beer range includes: Apple & Vanilla; Cherry Wheat and Talon Stout.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
Beers are available in bottle or keg and can be purchased directly from the Brewery as well as through selected Elgood’s pubs and independent stockists. For further information call the Brewery on 01945 583160.