We’ll drink to that! Elgood’s brewery celebrates after bagging two medals at national beer awards
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewer Elgood’s raised a glass in celebration after the brewery scooped a gold and silver medal in the Society of Independent Brewers’ (SIBA) national beer awards.
Elgood’s won the gold for its Cherry Wheat beer in the small pack category and silver in the keg beer competition for its Coolship Fruit.
The brewery, on North Brink, was commended by eighty judges at SIBAs National Beer Awards which was held recently at its BeerX event in Sheffield.
Elgood’s held off competition from sixty-four finalists in the small pack category and forty-five competitors in the keg.
Elgood’s trophy cabinet is growing for its Coolship range in particular, which won ‘Europe’s Best Sour Beer Lambic’ at the recent World Beer Awards and the silver for its Coolship at the Interntional Brewing Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing and New Product Development Director, Claire Simpson, said: “It is extremely rewarding to see that our new beer ranges are winning awards at national events. It encourages us to continue to innovate and introduce new beers to complement our core beers.”
The Sour beer line-up includes: Coolship, Coolship Fruit and Coolship Blonde. The Quintessentially English (QE) fruit beer range includes: Apple & Vanilla; Cherry Wheat and Talon Stout.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 5 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
Beers are available in bottle or keg and can be purchased directly from the Brewery as well as through selected Elgood’s pubs and independent stockists. For further information call the Brewery on 01945 583160.