Supermarket manager receives national recognition for his dedication
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech supermarket manager has been recognised for his dedication and team building skills at a national awards ceremony.
Darren Fulcher, store manager at The Co-operative Food on Churchill Road, has been Highly Commended at the national Retail Industry Awards in London.
In the category, Store Manager of the Year, Mr Fulcher was highly commended for his dedication and team building after working at the store for only one year.
During the last year, Mr fulcher has championed colleague engagement at the store, with his approach and ideas being adopted across the region. His techniques have resulted in a dramatic increase in sales and standards on the shop floor.
Darren has also worked with the wider shopping centre in Wisbech to push the regeneration scheme and is also very popular with customers in the store.
You may also want to watch:
At the prestigious awards at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London, Mr Fulcher said: “The store staff are the most important asset and, when I started at the store, I immediately began to work with the team to create an environment where staff wanted to come to work and celebrate their successes every step of the way with awards and certificates.
“I wanted to involve the team in exploring new products in the store and fostering an environment where the team can share their thoughts and ideas. What we have done here has now been extended across the region.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
“To be Highly Commended was a fantastic achievement and a very proud moment for me. I felt honoured to represent the store, my colleagues and the society.”
On the night, The Co-operative Food also won ‘Chilled Retailer of the Year 2014’, beating off competition from other major retailers. The win reaffirms The Co-operative Food’s commitment to become the leading convenience food retailer in the UK.