Record Christmas for Fenland woman whose hand-made cards and calendars bought across globe
A BUSINESSWOMAN has celebrated a record Christmas after her cards and calendars were bought by customers across the globe.
Sue Wright, who runs Wright Cards in Leverington, was left “absolutely gobsmacked” when she realised her hand-made creations were being snapped up by families as far away as USA and Australia.
Many of her customers around Fenland have also helped put Wright Cards on the map by sending purchases to relatives around the world as Christmas presents.
“I never believed in a month of Sunday’s that my business would do this well,” said Ms Wright.
“I just wanted to make enough money to keep me quiet and keep my car on the road so I’m absolutely gobsmacked that my cards and calendars are being seen by people across the globe.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 1,000 Christmas cards were snapped up - 350 more than last year - and nearly all Fenland-themed calendars were sold out.
Corporate Christmas cards were also designed for two companies who approached Ms Wright, whose business has been running for just over a year.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
She said: “I’d worked for 31 years and had never been unemployed so I had to do something when I was made redundant.
“I decided to set up Wright Cards and turn my hobby into a business because when you’re made redundant you feel as if nobody loves you.
“It’s been truly amazing and I’m so proud of my achievements. I’m just grateful for every customer that I have had.”
A charity calendar also raised �250 for St Leonard’s Church in Leverington where Ms Wright regularly attends services. She exhibits her designs at the church on the second Saturday of every month.