Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, once described as ‘leather armchair film heaven’ gets a new owner and all admissions down to £5
- Credit: Archant
Described once by the Guardian as a “leather armchair film heaven” the Luxe cinema, Wisbech, has been sold but with the promise of cheaper seats and a new screen.
It has been bought by the Picturedrome Electric Theatre Co Ltd who operate other six other independent cinemas across the UK including Bognor Regis and Clacton on Sea.
Adam Cunard, managing director, said: “We would like to reassure all guests that we do not plan to make any changes to the independent nature of the cinema.
“However, over the coming months we will be investing into the site, with a new screen and seats on order, as well as a refurbishment of the foyer and toilets.”
From Friday August 18 the Luxe is also introducing new lower prices for the cinema at £5 for adults and £2.50 for children; premier seating will be priced at £7.50 per seat.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cunard added -added: “We will also be introducing our privilege card loyalty scheme to The Luxe from next week, and we will be writing to all existing members as to how their existing Luxe membership will be transferred over to our scheme”.
The Luxe opened its door in 2009.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000