Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, once described as ‘leather armchair film heaven’ gets a new owner and all admissions down to £5
- Credit: Archant
Described once by the Guardian as a “leather armchair film heaven” the Luxe cinema, Wisbech, has been sold but with the promise of cheaper seats and a new screen.
It has been bought by the Picturedrome Electric Theatre Co Ltd who operate other six other independent cinemas across the UK including Bognor Regis and Clacton on Sea.
Adam Cunard, managing director, said: “We would like to reassure all guests that we do not plan to make any changes to the independent nature of the cinema.
“However, over the coming months we will be investing into the site, with a new screen and seats on order, as well as a refurbishment of the foyer and toilets.”
From Friday August 18 the Luxe is also introducing new lower prices for the cinema at £5 for adults and £2.50 for children; premier seating will be priced at £7.50 per seat.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cunard added -added: “We will also be introducing our privilege card loyalty scheme to The Luxe from next week, and we will be writing to all existing members as to how their existing Luxe membership will be transferred over to our scheme”.
The Luxe opened its door in 2009.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’