Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, once described as ‘leather armchair film heaven’ gets a new owner and all admissions down to £5
- Credit: Archant
Described once by the Guardian as a “leather armchair film heaven” the Luxe cinema, Wisbech, has been sold but with the promise of cheaper seats and a new screen.
It has been bought by the Picturedrome Electric Theatre Co Ltd who operate other six other independent cinemas across the UK including Bognor Regis and Clacton on Sea.
Adam Cunard, managing director, said: “We would like to reassure all guests that we do not plan to make any changes to the independent nature of the cinema.
“However, over the coming months we will be investing into the site, with a new screen and seats on order, as well as a refurbishment of the foyer and toilets.”
From Friday August 18 the Luxe is also introducing new lower prices for the cinema at £5 for adults and £2.50 for children; premier seating will be priced at £7.50 per seat.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cunard added -added: “We will also be introducing our privilege card loyalty scheme to The Luxe from next week, and we will be writing to all existing members as to how their existing Luxe membership will be transferred over to our scheme”.
The Luxe opened its door in 2009.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition