Advice and support event aimed at Fenland landlords is FREE in Wisbech this month
- Credit: Archant
An event giving Fenland landlords the chance to gain advice and support will be offered for free this month in Wisbech.
Following the success of the first event in June, Fenland District Council has organised another landlord networking session at The Boathouse Business Centre.
The event, held on Thursday, November 29 between 6.30pm and 9.30pm, aims to update landlords on new government legislations and to demonstrate the services the council has to offer.
Councillor Dee Laws, the council’s cabinet member responsible for private sector housing, said: “We aim to make landlords more aware of their legal obligations to help them protect their business and avoid potential fines or criminal proceedings.”
“Whether you’re just starting out, have a small number of buy to lets or a considerable property portfolio, you’ll be sure to benefit from attending this free event.”
You may also want to watch:
The National Landlords Association will be on hand with everything landlords need to know about changes to houses of multiple occupation (HMO) licensing, court processes including Section 21 notices and landlord taxation.
The Department of Work and Pensions will also provide an update on the rollout of Universal Credit specifically for landlords, and the council’s private sector housing team will be explaining the benefits of its landlord advice service.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Attendees will also have the opportunity to discuss fire safety regulations with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and meet representatives from the council’s housing options, environmental health, waste and recycling and homelessness prevention Trailblazer teams.
Inna Melnyk, National Landlords Association representative, East, said: “The NLA is keen to work with Fenland District Council to help improve housing standards across the district.
“Landlord networking events are an ideal way for the NLA to provide face to face support to the sector.”
There is no need to register. For more information, contact Karen Freya on 01353 664164 or email: email@example.com