Jobs at risk in Wisbech as shoe retailer Brantano enters administration
- Credit: Archant
Jobs are at risk at a shoe retailer in Wisbech after tough trading conditions forced it to enter administration.
Brantano, which has around 2,000 staff and 140 stores across the UK, was acquired by Alteri Investors in October 2015 but the business was unable to turn around the firm’s decline.
Tony Barrell, lead administrator at PwC, said: “The continuing challenging conditions for ‘bricks and mortar’ retail stores are well documented.
“Like many others, Brantano has been hit hard by the change in consumers’ shopping habits and the evolution of the UK retail environment.
“The administrators are continuing to trade the businesses as normal whilst we assess the trading strategy over the coming days and weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff will be paid their arrears of wages and salaries, and will continue to be paid for their work during the administration.”
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'