Jobs at risk in Wisbech as shoe retailer Brantano enters administration
- Credit: Archant
Jobs are at risk at a shoe retailer in Wisbech after tough trading conditions forced it to enter administration.
Brantano, which has around 2,000 staff and 140 stores across the UK, was acquired by Alteri Investors in October 2015 but the business was unable to turn around the firm’s decline.
Tony Barrell, lead administrator at PwC, said: “The continuing challenging conditions for ‘bricks and mortar’ retail stores are well documented.
“Like many others, Brantano has been hit hard by the change in consumers’ shopping habits and the evolution of the UK retail environment.
“The administrators are continuing to trade the businesses as normal whilst we assess the trading strategy over the coming days and weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff will be paid their arrears of wages and salaries, and will continue to be paid for their work during the administration.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream