Hughes Electrical in Wisbech to reopen three days a week
- Credit: Hughes
Hughes Electrical will reopen its store in Market Place, Wisbech on Monday (August 3).
To start, it will be open three days a week on Monday, Friday and Saturday from 9am to 5:30pm.
Customers will be required to wear a face covering in the store and use hand gel on entering.
There will also be social distancing markers on the floor and all display items will be regularly sanitised.
The chain’s Chairman Robert Hughes said: “While our web, trade and rental divisions have all been operating throughout the pandemic it is a great boost to be able to start reopening our stores.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be offering a delivery service, either to the doorstep or where necessary we will remove old equipment and install new but maintaining strict hygiene and distancing protocols.”
He added: “If anyone is wary about visiting, they can telephone the store on 01945 589878 or use the website.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
“We will also constantly review the opening hours for Wisbech.
“Throughout the COVID-19 crisis we have been proud to continue to support our local communities, including hospitals and I would like to thank all the staff at Hughes who, through their tremendous efforts and dedication have made this possible.”
Earlier in the month, it was revealed the new chief executive officer of Hughes Electrical started at the firm with a Saturday job at the Wisbech store 21 years ago.
Mark Wardell was 16 at the time, and is now responsible for the electrical retailer with a turnover of £125 million.