Fenland firm says it is looking to recruit an extra 100 employees
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland food producer has announced it is looking to a further 100 workers.
Freshcook, part of leading fresh prepared foods manufacturer Bakkavor, is looking to recruit over 100 new employees at its factory in Holbeach St Marks.
Freshcook produces a wide range of different chilled categories, ranging from high-end ready meals through to delicatessen products; all for premium food retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S).
Due to increased demand, the Holbeach business is looking to boost its current 600-strong staff team with new operative roles across day and night shifts as well as a number of management roles.
Will Naylor, Business HR Manager at Freshcook said “Our recruitment drive at Freshcook is a great reflection of how well the team is performing and the success of new product ranges. This is an exciting time for the company, and we are pleased to be recruiting to boost the already skilled and dedicated team at Freshcook.”
You may also want to watch:
Fun fact about the site:
Freshcook is Marks & Spencer’s number one supplier in ‘Dine In’ and it has supplied over 30 million Dine In meals since the promotion was first introduced
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown
The business offers great opportunities for development and progression within the site and the wider Bakkavor Group. Alongside competitive rates of pay and training, other potential benefits include access to a subsidised gym, canteen and staff shop.
To apply for any of these roles or see a current list of all the open vacancies please visit the Bakkavor website.