A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- Credit: Archant
A family-run hotel in Wisbech has gone up for sale for £1.9million.
Elme Hall Hotel, Elm High Road, was built to look like a Georgian mansion and, such was its success as a function and wedding venue, a galleried ballroom for 350 people was added.
It won TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2015 but in recent years was more popular for corporate business functions.
However, when Covid struck, it had to close temporarily. It is open for essential workers, however.
The hotel, owned by the Wood family, comes with a bar, restaurant, events room as well as staff and owner accommodation.
Agents Colliers International state: "The hotel is offered for sale due to retirement. Pre-Covid, the primary revenue streams included good levels of midweek corporate business complemented by occasional weekend leisure clientele. However, the hotel was not fully capitalising on the income potential of its events rooms. Looking ahead, there is significant scope to grow these particular elements of the business."
The hotel comes with two four poster bridal suites, a lounge for 120, an adjoining 'pink room' again for 120, a piano bar and outside a large paved terrace.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
This newspaper asked the Wood family to comment.