A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- Credit: Archant
A family-run hotel in Wisbech has gone up for sale for £1.9million.
Elme Hall Hotel, Elm High Road, was built to look like a Georgian mansion and, such was its success as a function and wedding venue, a galleried ballroom for 350 people was added.
It won TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2015 but in recent years was more popular for corporate business functions.
However, when Covid struck, it had to close temporarily. It is open for essential workers, however.
The hotel, owned by the Wood family, comes with a bar, restaurant, events room as well as staff and owner accommodation.
Agents Colliers International state: "The hotel is offered for sale due to retirement. Pre-Covid, the primary revenue streams included good levels of midweek corporate business complemented by occasional weekend leisure clientele. However, the hotel was not fully capitalising on the income potential of its events rooms. Looking ahead, there is significant scope to grow these particular elements of the business."
The hotel comes with two four poster bridal suites, a lounge for 120, an adjoining 'pink room' again for 120, a piano bar and outside a large paved terrace.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
This newspaper asked the Wood family to comment.