Traditional indoor car boot sale to open at Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied
A “new market concept” is set to be launched in the Fens next month to give local sellers an all-weather space to trade.
A traditional indoor car boot sale will open in Wisbech's Horsefair Shopping Centre car park on February 9 where no market traders or retail sellers will be allowed.
Kevin Smith, Horsefair Shopping Centre manager, has organised the car boot sale in conjunction with Wisbech Town Council and Les Donohue-Bromley from Market Marketing Ltd.
"The new car boot sale will benefit the community by providing an all-weather space for people to sell their goods and will add a further attraction for shoppers in the town centre," said Kevin.
Local humanitarian charities will be offered free stands within the car boot sale and Wisbech Lions Club has already reserved space to raise money for its charities on launch day.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Donohue-Bromley said: "The new area will encourage a vibrant community and we are delighted it has enabled us to recruit at least two part-time workers, providing much-needed employment in the area."
It is designed to complement the existing car boot sale held in Wisbech Market Place, which does welcome professional retailers.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
The ground floor of the car park will be marked out with a new area cordoned off for car boot sellers.
Members of the public wanting to park their cars will have their route to free parking on the top floor clearly identified.
The site opens at 6am and the market will be held every Sunday.
For more information contact Les Donahue-Bromley on 07368 217 309 or Kevin Smith on 01945 584109.