Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club joined by a Harris Hawk at meeting at Mendi’s
- Credit: Archant
More than 30 members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club were joined by a Harris Hawk at their June meeting.
Chairman Tony Yates welcomed 32 members to the event at Mendi’s restaurant.
The two guest speakers, Rupert Gladstone and Iain Bowyer, from ‘Spitfire Avian Pest Control’ brought along a Harris Hawk.
Making use of Harris Hawks and other traditional methods, they provide a green alternative to other pest control services focusing on gulls, pigeons, rabbits, moles and foxes with egg and nest removal, cleaning and disinfecting, proofing and ongoing management.
This business was started this year in February at Ramsey.
Afterwards, many of the members were photographed with the Harris Hawk and were thanked by Jeremy Pallant.
The chairman also mentioned that one of his members Peter Human was now Mayor of Wisbech.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
The mayor thanked everyone and said he was enjoying his role.
The Boat Trip on the Boards with entertainment by Tony G has now just got one place left for June 22.
The next meeting at Mendi’s again on July 11will be a ladies night with Ian McCoy the magician.