Fenland BusFest 2020 to still go ahead despite ongoing coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The 2020 Fenland BusFest is still scheduled to go ahead in October despite the ongoing widespread coronavirus pandemic.
The event in every transport buffs diary is set to take place in Whittlesey on October 11 after it was pushed back earlier in May.
Although most events across the county have been cancelled due to Covid-19, BusFest organisers still hope to hold their annual celebration.
A statement on their website says: “We acknowledge the current world health situation with the latest virus going around the globe.
“We are taking this very seriously and are continuously monitoring the situation. If it is not safe, then it will not go ahead! But stay positive!
You may also want to watch:
“At this current moment, BusFest will be on October 11 2020. Please evaluate your position and let us know ASAP whether you and your vehicles are still able to attend.
“Thank-you for your understanding during these stressful and concerning times.”
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
Hosted in the Fenland market town, BusFest is one of the area’s largest vintage vehicle gatherings.
However, 2020 is planned to be “a little smaller” due to the change of date due to COVID-19.
Organisers operate a network of free bus services across five routes to Ramsey, Peterborough, March, Turves, Yaxley and Thorney as part of the event.
For more information, visit: www.easternbusgroup.co.uk/busfest.html