Fenland BusFest 2020 to still go ahead despite ongoing coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The 2020 Fenland BusFest is still scheduled to go ahead in October despite the ongoing widespread coronavirus pandemic.
The event in every transport buffs diary is set to take place in Whittlesey on October 11 after it was pushed back earlier in May.
Although most events across the county have been cancelled due to Covid-19, BusFest organisers still hope to hold their annual celebration.
A statement on their website says: “We acknowledge the current world health situation with the latest virus going around the globe.
“We are taking this very seriously and are continuously monitoring the situation. If it is not safe, then it will not go ahead! But stay positive!
You may also want to watch:
“At this current moment, BusFest will be on October 11 2020. Please evaluate your position and let us know ASAP whether you and your vehicles are still able to attend.
“Thank-you for your understanding during these stressful and concerning times.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Hosted in the Fenland market town, BusFest is one of the area’s largest vintage vehicle gatherings.
However, 2020 is planned to be “a little smaller” due to the change of date due to COVID-19.
Organisers operate a network of free bus services across five routes to Ramsey, Peterborough, March, Turves, Yaxley and Thorney as part of the event.
For more information, visit: www.easternbusgroup.co.uk/busfest.html