Burst water pipe causes flooding on Wisbech Road, Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe caused Wisbech Road, Thorney to flood yesterday morning.
Two Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service crews used a light portable pump to drain the flood water away from the road.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Fire engines don’t always attend flooding incidents. To find out what you can do visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk
The crews were called at 6.23am and returned to their stations by 10.35am.
Anglian Water also attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We sent someone along to repair a burst water main on a stretch of road.
“The water was back on by 2.50pm yesterday.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
“We apologise to anyone who was affected by the incident.”