Burst water pipe causes flooding on Wisbech Road, Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe caused Wisbech Road, Thorney to flood yesterday morning.
Two Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service crews used a light portable pump to drain the flood water away from the road.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Fire engines don’t always attend flooding incidents. To find out what you can do visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk
The crews were called at 6.23am and returned to their stations by 10.35am.
Anglian Water also attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We sent someone along to repair a burst water main on a stretch of road.
“The water was back on by 2.50pm yesterday.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
- 10 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
“We apologise to anyone who was affected by the incident.”