Burst water pipe causes flooding on Wisbech Road, Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe caused Wisbech Road, Thorney to flood yesterday morning.
Two Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service crews used a light portable pump to drain the flood water away from the road.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Fire engines don’t always attend flooding incidents. To find out what you can do visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk
The crews were called at 6.23am and returned to their stations by 10.35am.
Anglian Water also attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We sent someone along to repair a burst water main on a stretch of road.
“The water was back on by 2.50pm yesterday.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
“We apologise to anyone who was affected by the incident.”