Burst water pipe causes flooding on Wisbech Road, Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe caused Wisbech Road, Thorney to flood yesterday morning.
Two Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service crews used a light portable pump to drain the flood water away from the road.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Fire engines don’t always attend flooding incidents. To find out what you can do visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk
The crews were called at 6.23am and returned to their stations by 10.35am.
Anglian Water also attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We sent someone along to repair a burst water main on a stretch of road.
“The water was back on by 2.50pm yesterday.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
“We apologise to anyone who was affected by the incident.”