Bursary for university student thanks to Wisbech Lions
- Credit: Archant
A local student will be able to finance her studies thanks to a £500 bursary from the Wisbech Lions Club.
Aukse Antanaviciute was chosen as the first person to be presented with the scheme by the community-led group.
Aukse studied Business at the College of West Anglia and managed to achieve the necessary qualifications, with a triple distinction, to gain a place at Coventry University London to study global business management.
Wisbech Lions presented Aukse with a cheque for £500 to help towards her first year expenses.
The group had a hard choice to pick Aukse after receiving several other applications from talented students in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Edmunds, from the Lions, said: "Aukse will send update reports on her progress through her chosen university studies.
"Wisbech Lions Club members wish her well and look forward to her reports.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
"Aukse sent her heartfelt thanks for the bursary award."