Buildbase consolidation plan
ONE of the nation s fastest growing builder s merchants, with two sites in Wisbech, is looking to consolidate operations under one roof. Buildbase s proposed move to Parkside Nurseries, in Cromwell Road, will offer up to 27 full-time jobs. If approved, th
ONE of the nation's fastest growing builder's merchants, with two sites in Wisbech, is looking to consolidate operations under one roof.
Buildbase's proposed move to Parkside Nurseries, in Cromwell Road, will offer up to 27 full-time jobs.
If approved, the move will coincide with the retirement of nursery owner, Bob Duke after 40 years in the business.
Mr Duke, who turns 72 later this year, said: "Buildbase made a fantastic offer and I'm going to get out while I'm still fit.
You may also want to watch:
"Whether the sale goes through or not, I shall be retiring at the end of the month."
Buildbase's application to Fenland District Council also highlights the potentially ideal location of Cromwell Road to offer construction materials and components.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Buildbase, which has 140 branches nationwide, currently has two sites in Wisbech - in Elm Road and St Augustine's Road.
The proposal aims to consolidate both Buildbase operations at a single, purpose-built factory on the more than three-and-a-half-acre site.
The site is almost directly opposite Cromwell Park, where construction of an all-digital cinema, bowling alley, shops and restaurants is set to begin soon.