BUDGET VERDICT: MP Malcolm Moss delivers scathing attack on Chancellor Alistair Darling
MP MALCOLM Moss claims Alistair Darling delivered a dishonest budget The MP for NE Cambs said: . From today, Britain s families are facing higher taxes to pay for Labour s Debt Crisis. After a decade of economic mistakes, Gordon Brown is saddling this
MP MALCOLM Moss claims Alistair Darling delivered "a dishonest budget"
The MP for NE Cambs said: ". From today, Britain's families are facing higher taxes to pay for Labour's Debt Crisis.
"After a decade of economic mistakes, Gordon Brown is saddling this country with over �1 trillion of debt. Britain cannot afford another five years of Labour.
"The Budget revealed tax rises of �1000 on every family in Britain; tax rises on everyone earning over �19,000; tax rises on all new jobs; higher taxes for motorists and responsible drinkers."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss added: "This Budget is dishonest at best and I am deeply concerned. Public borrowing is going through the roof and landing our children's generation with huge debt.
"The growth rates predicted by the Chancellor are highly optimistic and this Budget is clearly more about getting re-elected than anything else. Most worryingly, there appears to be no long term strategy to get the country out of the economic mess we are in."
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
"If the Conservatives had given this Budget, we would have got a grip on government spending, and used the savings from cutting waste to introduce real help now for families and pensioners:
"Freezing council tax for two years, worth over �200 for the typical family
"Abolishing income tax on savings for all basic rate taxpayers, worth up to �7,200 a year
"Raising the income tax threshold for pensioners, worth up to �400 a year
"Conservatives will tackle Labour's Debt Crisis and deliver economic change for Britain.