BUDGET VERDICT: MP Malcolm Moss delivers scathing attack on Chancellor Alistair Darling
MP MALCOLM Moss claims Alistair Darling delivered a dishonest budget The MP for NE Cambs said: . From today, Britain s families are facing higher taxes to pay for Labour s Debt Crisis. After a decade of economic mistakes, Gordon Brown is saddling this
MP MALCOLM Moss claims Alistair Darling delivered "a dishonest budget"
The MP for NE Cambs said: ". From today, Britain's families are facing higher taxes to pay for Labour's Debt Crisis.
"After a decade of economic mistakes, Gordon Brown is saddling this country with over �1 trillion of debt. Britain cannot afford another five years of Labour.
"The Budget revealed tax rises of �1000 on every family in Britain; tax rises on everyone earning over �19,000; tax rises on all new jobs; higher taxes for motorists and responsible drinkers."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss added: "This Budget is dishonest at best and I am deeply concerned. Public borrowing is going through the roof and landing our children's generation with huge debt.
"The growth rates predicted by the Chancellor are highly optimistic and this Budget is clearly more about getting re-elected than anything else. Most worryingly, there appears to be no long term strategy to get the country out of the economic mess we are in."
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
"If the Conservatives had given this Budget, we would have got a grip on government spending, and used the savings from cutting waste to introduce real help now for families and pensioners:
"Freezing council tax for two years, worth over �200 for the typical family
"Abolishing income tax on savings for all basic rate taxpayers, worth up to �7,200 a year
"Raising the income tax threshold for pensioners, worth up to �400 a year
"Conservatives will tackle Labour's Debt Crisis and deliver economic change for Britain.