British National Party to field candidate in NE Cambs for General Election
THE British National Party has today (Friday) confirmed it is to field a candidate in NE Cambs at the forthcoming General Election. The party s website says that Susan Clapp, a councillor from Epping, Essex, has been chosen to fight the seat. Cllr Clapp,
THE British National Party has today (Friday) confirmed it is to field a candidate in NE Cambs at the forthcoming General Election.
The party's website says that Susan Clapp, a councillor from Epping, Essex, has been chosen to fight the seat.
Cllr Clapp, who unsuccessfully tried to win an Essex County Council seat last year at Saffron Walden, is considered a high profile BNP activist.
She is the long-term partner of Eddy Butler, who works for the BNP in London but is also a former Eastern region BNP organiser.
You may also want to watch:
It means that, for now at least, five candidates have declared themselves as candidates to contest the Fenland seat.
• To discuss this or anything else about the General Election in this area, click here.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager