British National Party to field candidate in NE Cambs for General Election
THE British National Party has today (Friday) confirmed it is to field a candidate in NE Cambs at the forthcoming General Election. The party s website says that Susan Clapp, a councillor from Epping, Essex, has been chosen to fight the seat. Cllr Clapp,
THE British National Party has today (Friday) confirmed it is to field a candidate in NE Cambs at the forthcoming General Election.
The party's website says that Susan Clapp, a councillor from Epping, Essex, has been chosen to fight the seat.
Cllr Clapp, who unsuccessfully tried to win an Essex County Council seat last year at Saffron Walden, is considered a high profile BNP activist.
She is the long-term partner of Eddy Butler, who works for the BNP in London but is also a former Eastern region BNP organiser.
You may also want to watch:
It means that, for now at least, five candidates have declared themselves as candidates to contest the Fenland seat.
• To discuss this or anything else about the General Election in this area, click here.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening