Crime caper partly filmed in the Fens will premiere at Luxe Cinema, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A star studded British comedy movie, which features scenes shot in the Fens, will make its premiere at the Luxe cinema in Wisbech.
The Blazing Cannons will be shown at the independent Fenland cinema, which is among the scenes for the locally filmed comedy Brit flick.
Set on the lines of a pastiche 70s cop show the film stars actors from Eastenders and Coronation Street.
Nathan Smith, general manager of the Luxe, said: “It is a genuine pleasure to host the premiere of Blazing Cannons here at The Luxe.
“We love to be part of the local film community, both as an exhibitor and as a supporter of independent productions.
You may also want to watch:
“To have two powerhouses of the Soap world in attendance simply sweetens the deal.”
The film is about a serial killer, who has the city in a murderous grip of fear.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Assigned to the case are Saxon and Steel, who have an unhealthy obsession with cop shows of the 70’s but also have a reputation for ‘coming down hard on the bad boys’.
Lead roles are played by Shaun Williamson and Steven Arnold who are best known for their roles in Eastenders and Coronation Street.
Shaun Williamson as Barry Evans in Eastenders and Steven Arnold as Ashley Peacock in Coronation Street.
The Blazing Cannons included the Luxe Cinema as one of its shooting locations and features some of the Box Office team.
Starring Mark Noyce and Ben Shockley it is described as a dark comedy featuring serial killers and maverick cops.
Mark Noyce, film producer, “We are delighted to be holding our official premiere of The Blazing Cannons at the Luxe Cinema.
“We think it’s the perfect location to show our film for the first time and I’m looking forward to the UK release”.
Ben Shockley, director, said the movie is based around the buddy genre of cop shows like Starsky and Hutch.
Aimed as a tongue in cheek big screen yarn based around comedy team work like that seen in 80s comedy duo Alias Smith and Jones.
The movie was shot by Happy Pup Films.
• The Blazing Cannons premier is at the Luxe, Wisbech, on Saturday November 4.