BREAKING NEWS: Wisbech murder suspect bailed as hunt for killer goes on
- Credit: Archant
A MAN arrested over the killing of Wisbech pensioner Una Crown has been released without charge, police said tonight.
He was arrested at an address in the town yesterday, on suspicion of her murder, before being taken to Peterborough’s Thorpe Wood police station.
But in a brief statement tonight, the Cambridgeshire force said he had been bailed pending further inquiries.
Mrs Crown, 86, was found dead in her home in Magazine Lane at 10.45am on Sunday, January 13. She had been repeatedly stabbed before being set alight.
A £10,000 reward is being offered by independent charity Crimestoppers for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the killer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time