BREAKING NEWS: Wisbech murder suspect bailed as hunt for killer goes on
- Credit: Archant
A MAN arrested over the killing of Wisbech pensioner Una Crown has been released without charge, police said tonight.
He was arrested at an address in the town yesterday, on suspicion of her murder, before being taken to Peterborough’s Thorpe Wood police station.
But in a brief statement tonight, the Cambridgeshire force said he had been bailed pending further inquiries.
Mrs Crown, 86, was found dead in her home in Magazine Lane at 10.45am on Sunday, January 13. She had been repeatedly stabbed before being set alight.
A £10,000 reward is being offered by independent charity Crimestoppers for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the killer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant