Bread-baking and food tasting as children enjoy behind the scenes Tesco Wisbech tour
Children baked bread and sampled produce during a behind the scenes tour of a supermarket.
Wisbech Childminders took 29 children to Tesco in Wisbech. During the day, they tasted some of the fruits and cheeses on offer within the store and were shown around the warehouse areas.
The bakery department made some dough, which the children used to make their own bread.
Connor Loughlin, 10, said: “It was nice to see what happens at the back of Tesco. The freezers were so big and really cold.”
At the end of the day, Tesco community champion Heidi Mote presented the children with certificates and goodie bags including recipes and stickers.
You may also want to watch:
Childminder Saffron Booth said: “It was important for us to show the children where food comes from as part of our topic on healthy eating. Tesco’s Farm to Fork programme was able to help us achieve this.”
Wisbech Childminders has childcare places. Anyone who is interested should contact Saffron on 07584571029
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader