Bread-baking and food tasting as children enjoy behind the scenes Tesco Wisbech tour
Children baked bread and sampled produce during a behind the scenes tour of a supermarket.
Wisbech Childminders took 29 children to Tesco in Wisbech. During the day, they tasted some of the fruits and cheeses on offer within the store and were shown around the warehouse areas.
The bakery department made some dough, which the children used to make their own bread.
Connor Loughlin, 10, said: “It was nice to see what happens at the back of Tesco. The freezers were so big and really cold.”
At the end of the day, Tesco community champion Heidi Mote presented the children with certificates and goodie bags including recipes and stickers.
You may also want to watch:
Childminder Saffron Booth said: “It was important for us to show the children where food comes from as part of our topic on healthy eating. Tesco’s Farm to Fork programme was able to help us achieve this.”
Wisbech Childminders has childcare places. Anyone who is interested should contact Saffron on 07584571029
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter