Two Wisbech women brave the ‘complete shave’ whilst raising £1,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Two women from Wisbech braved a complete head shave this week to show their support for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The members of staff at Dove Court Care Home in the town raised £1,500 for the cancer charity after they had their heads completely wet-shaved.
Nicole Thompson and Diane Parker raised £1,000 while they had the save in front of an audience of staff, residents and family at Dove Court.
A further £500 was donated to the pair by the head office of the company which operates the care home on Kirkgate Street.
Nicole said: “It is a very dramatic look but I wanted to make a huge gesture to show support for such a fantastic charity like Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has been touched by cancer in some way or another and I think that we all need to work together to find a cure for a disease that destroys so many people’s lives.
I was just glad that I had someone to go through the ordeal with me and while I definitely feel much colder than I did before, I think that it was definitely worth it.”
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Diane said: “Nicole and I wanted to do something special and very different to raise money for a brilliant cause.
“It was very daunting at first, especially as we had a completely wet shave, but I am glad that we have been able to raise a significant amount of money and look forward to seeing what we can come up with next year.”
Dove Court Care Home forms part of Larchwood Care and is managed by Healthcare Management Solutions. The service provides residential care for up to 76 older people.