Brantano staff get makeovers from customers to raise money for baby charity Tommy's
STAFF at Brantano in Wisbech got a new look at the weekend when they were given makeovers by customers to raise money for the baby charity Tommy s. Customers were given the chance to get stuck into the face paints and transformed staff into spooky figures
STAFF at Brantano in Wisbech got a new look at the weekend when they were given makeovers by customers to raise money for the baby charity Tommy's.
Customers were given the chance to get stuck into the face paints and transformed staff into spooky figures such as Dracula and fun Halloween characters including a pumpkin.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Yvonne Lawrence, visited the Sandown Road store on Saturday to cheer on the proceedings and around �70 was raised.
Store manager Tulin Dalsar said: "This is the first time we have given customers a chance to do the face painting and we would like to thank all those who took part and those who gave donations."
You may also want to watch:
The store is currently running a 'New for Old' campaign which lasts until Sunday November 15. During the campaign for every pair of old shoes taken into the store customers will be given a �10 off money voucher when spending �50 or more in any one transaction on shoes.
The unwanted shoes could be delivered to an African trader who will repair, clean and polish them. They can then be sold locally for a modest amount providing a major source of income and a lifeline for poverty stricken communities.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
For each pair of old shoes handed into Brantano, 10p is donated to Tommy's, the baby charity which carries out research into the causes of miscarriage, premature birth and still birth.