Boy cyclist airlifted to hospital after collision in Wisbech today - woman in her 40s also injured and also taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist was airlifted to hospital today after being involved in a collision that blocked a Wisbech road for four hours.
East Anglian air ambulance arrived on the scene less than 20 minutes after being called to the collision in Churchill Road.
A spokesman for the air ambulance service said two patients- including the boy cyclist- needed medical care.
“The first patient they attended was a boy who had been in a bike,” said the spokesman. “He had suffered a head injury and was given pain relief before being airlifted to hospital.
“The second patient was a female in her forties. She was assessed and treated for a facial injury before being handed over to the land ambulance crew who took her to hospital by road.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said added; “Both patients are thought to be in a stable condition.”
A man who called the emergency services said the “poor little lad was knocked off his bike. He was conscious when I called an ambulance- I hope he is ok”.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 4 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 10 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub