Boy cyclist airlifted to hospital after collision in Wisbech today - woman in her 40s also injured and also taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist was airlifted to hospital today after being involved in a collision that blocked a Wisbech road for four hours.
East Anglian air ambulance arrived on the scene less than 20 minutes after being called to the collision in Churchill Road.
A spokesman for the air ambulance service said two patients- including the boy cyclist- needed medical care.
“The first patient they attended was a boy who had been in a bike,” said the spokesman. “He had suffered a head injury and was given pain relief before being airlifted to hospital.
“The second patient was a female in her forties. She was assessed and treated for a facial injury before being handed over to the land ambulance crew who took her to hospital by road.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said added; “Both patients are thought to be in a stable condition.”
A man who called the emergency services said the “poor little lad was knocked off his bike. He was conscious when I called an ambulance- I hope he is ok”.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured