Boy cyclist airlifted to hospital after collision in Wisbech today - woman in her 40s also injured and also taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist was airlifted to hospital today after being involved in a collision that blocked a Wisbech road for four hours.
East Anglian air ambulance arrived on the scene less than 20 minutes after being called to the collision in Churchill Road.
A spokesman for the air ambulance service said two patients- including the boy cyclist- needed medical care.
“The first patient they attended was a boy who had been in a bike,” said the spokesman. “He had suffered a head injury and was given pain relief before being airlifted to hospital.
“The second patient was a female in her forties. She was assessed and treated for a facial injury before being handed over to the land ambulance crew who took her to hospital by road.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said added; “Both patients are thought to be in a stable condition.”
A man who called the emergency services said the “poor little lad was knocked off his bike. He was conscious when I called an ambulance- I hope he is ok”.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease