Man organises boxing event to say ‘thanks’ to the hospital in Kings Lynn that cared for his wife
- Credit: Archant
A man is organising a boxing event raising funds for The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn to say thank you for the care given to his wife.
Steve Snagg, along with assistance from Downham Market boxing club, has set a time, date and venue for his charity boxing event giving thanks to hospital staff.
The event takes place at Gedney Victory Hall, Chapel Gate, Gedney, in Spalding (PE12 0BJ) – on Saturday January 13 from 7:30pm to 11:30pm and tickets to support are £10.
Steve said: “This will be Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) rules, using ABA officials – everyone that takes part in the ring will receive a trophy.
“All those wishing to take part will need to demonstrate they are able to participate by visiting the boxing gym at least four times.
You may also want to watch:
“Participants will be given training and basic skills – teams will be chosen once fitness, skill, size and weight has been determined.
“Downham Market boxing club will provide a coach for each team, all equipment will be provided, including head guards and gloves.”
To volunteer as a participant, team manager, or to get more information, contact Steve on 07805 809 526 or email: email@example.com
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
‘This is another even on site to support colleagues battling back from strokes and is also showing support for their families and friends as they support their loved ones.’