Cash boost for MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed campaign
- Credit: Steve Barclay
A Fenland-based solicitors firm has supported MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed campaign by handing over a cash boost of £1,000.
Bowsers Solicitors, which has offices in Wisbech and March, presented a cheque to the North East Cambridgeshire MP to help his annual reading scheme.
The Read to Succeed campaign aims to raise enough money to buy a reading book for every single Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
A spokesperson for Bowsers Solicitors said: “Read to Succeed will provide books to children when they need it the most.
“Hopefully, our donation will help to improve the reading skills of some of the children within the local community.”
Mr Barclay said: “I’m delighted that once again local businesses and organisations are supporting the scheme.
“Literacy skills are so important and given the interruption to education this year, I think the scheme is needed more than ever.”
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Any businesses wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org