Boost job prospects with Prince’s Trust programme
- Credit: Archant
A free course designed to help 16 to 25 year-olds prepare for work, get back into education or move on to an apprenticeship starts in Wisbech this month.
The 12-week Prince’s Trust programme includes challenging projects, teamwork, careers advice and work experience.
The programme, run by Cambridge Regional College, is designed for young people who are not in work, education or training. Three out of four people who complete it go on to work or college courses within three months.
The course, which is now open, is the first of three planned this year after the success of Cambridge Regional College’s first Prince’s Trust programme in Wisbech last year. It will be based at St Peter’s Church Hall in the centre of Wisbech.
A key part of each programme is a community project, with students raising their own funds to carry out the work, from transforming a children’s play area to creating a special garden for a local charity.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Lloyd, director of supported learning at Cambridge Regional College, said: “The Prince’s Trust programme gives everyone an extra chance. It improves confidence, teamwork and employability, and enables you to gain a recognised qualification,”
The college plans to run three Prince’s Trust programmes a year - in January, May and September.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 6 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
To find our more or to enrol, visit www.camre.ac.uk/princes-trust/