Boost for local economy as £900,000 Crosskeys Marina is officially opened in Sutton Bridge
- Credit: Archant
A tourism gateway to inland waterways from The Wash has opened for business with the launch of a new £900,000 marina in Sutton Bridge.
Crosskeys Marina was officially unveiled on September 13 following a four-year development project between Fenland District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.
The marina caters for up to 20 leisure boats, as well as the Port of Wisbech Harbour Authority vessels and the Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation protection vessel.
Many of the moorings have already been allocated, and a new boating community is already starting to taking shape.
Councillor Ralph Butcher, portfolio holder for growth at Fenland District Council, said: “The opening of Crosskeys Marina is the beginning of a very successful journey to come; boosting the local economy and tourism offer across the wider Wash area with the potential to expand further in future.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also a great example of local authority partnership working that demonstrates we are not constrained by artificial county/district boundaries to deliver joint projects.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital