Boost for local economy as £900,000 Crosskeys Marina is officially opened in Sutton Bridge
- Credit: Archant
A tourism gateway to inland waterways from The Wash has opened for business with the launch of a new £900,000 marina in Sutton Bridge.
Crosskeys Marina was officially unveiled on September 13 following a four-year development project between Fenland District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.
The marina caters for up to 20 leisure boats, as well as the Port of Wisbech Harbour Authority vessels and the Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation protection vessel.
Many of the moorings have already been allocated, and a new boating community is already starting to taking shape.
Councillor Ralph Butcher, portfolio holder for growth at Fenland District Council, said: “The opening of Crosskeys Marina is the beginning of a very successful journey to come; boosting the local economy and tourism offer across the wider Wash area with the potential to expand further in future.
“It is also a great example of local authority partnership working that demonstrates we are not constrained by artificial county/district boundaries to deliver joint projects.”
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs