Boost for local economy as £900,000 Crosskeys Marina is officially opened in Sutton Bridge
- Credit: Archant
A tourism gateway to inland waterways from The Wash has opened for business with the launch of a new £900,000 marina in Sutton Bridge.
Crosskeys Marina was officially unveiled on September 13 following a four-year development project between Fenland District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.
The marina caters for up to 20 leisure boats, as well as the Port of Wisbech Harbour Authority vessels and the Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation protection vessel.
Many of the moorings have already been allocated, and a new boating community is already starting to taking shape.
Councillor Ralph Butcher, portfolio holder for growth at Fenland District Council, said: “The opening of Crosskeys Marina is the beginning of a very successful journey to come; boosting the local economy and tourism offer across the wider Wash area with the potential to expand further in future.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also a great example of local authority partnership working that demonstrates we are not constrained by artificial county/district boundaries to deliver joint projects.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide