VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows BMW being dragged up the river bank in Sutton Bridge following an accident leaving the car half submersed
- Credit: Archant
It was a rescue mission like no other to get the grey BMW from out the river in Sutton Bridge on Friday (March 16).
The car had gone into the water earlier that week and the driver is said to have “survived” and they are “ok”.
Passers by shared dramatic videos of the team responsible for dragging the car from the river bank back onto the road.
People took to social media to express their opinions on sharing videos of accidents shortly after they’ve happened.
One person said: “This is disgusting. I know people have said driver was out safe but what if they weren’t?!
You may also want to watch:
“Taking this photo and sharing it on here is vile and it should be removed. Why is it that every time there is a murder or accident it gets put on here??”
The person who filmed the video fired back with: “Well if there was people in there or police and ambulance about I wouldn’t [have] took it.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
“Maybe some people need to see this sort of thing and know how dangerous roads/drivers can be!”