VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows BMW being dragged up the river bank in Sutton Bridge following an accident leaving the car half submersed
- Credit: Archant
It was a rescue mission like no other to get the grey BMW from out the river in Sutton Bridge on Friday (March 16).
The car had gone into the water earlier that week and the driver is said to have “survived” and they are “ok”.
Passers by shared dramatic videos of the team responsible for dragging the car from the river bank back onto the road.
People took to social media to express their opinions on sharing videos of accidents shortly after they’ve happened.
One person said: “This is disgusting. I know people have said driver was out safe but what if they weren’t?!
“Taking this photo and sharing it on here is vile and it should be removed. Why is it that every time there is a murder or accident it gets put on here??”
The person who filmed the video fired back with: “Well if there was people in there or police and ambulance about I wouldn’t [have] took it.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 6 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
“Maybe some people need to see this sort of thing and know how dangerous roads/drivers can be!”