Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A BMW driver found himself uncomfortably trying to explain to police how he crashed into a brick wall.
Police checked if he had been drinking. He hadn’t.
They checked if he had taken drugs prior to the crash. He hadn’t.
“A breath test was carried out – the driver blew zero,” said police on their Fenland Facebook page.
“A DrugsWipe was also carried out and that was negative”.
You may also want to watch:
The crash in Churchill Road, Wisbech, forced closure whilst police and a recovery truck swung into action clearing away the car and the mess.
“The vehicle was recovered,” added the police spokesperson.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
“The driver has been interviewed and reported at the scene”.
Facebook followers of police were not slow at coming forward with their views.
Local councillor and taxi driver Billy Rackley told police: “Micky Mouse driving”
And he thought the driver “wouldn't know what a Highway Code looks like and as for the power, picture speaks for itself.”
Amanda Gower thought the driver “was being clever wheel spinning out the junction at the traffic lights wheel span too much and lost control”