Black Bear pub in Walsoken raises more than £5,000 for good causes with golf day and football match
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Walsoken has been going all out to help worthy causes.
The Black Bear’s charity golf day at Tydd St Giles Golf Club raised a staggering £3,700 for the Billy Lee fund.
If that was not enough, the pub’s annual charity football match against The Six Ringers at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, which was accompanied by live music, raised more than £1,330.
This was split between the East Anglian Air Ambulance (£1,000), Billy Lee (£166) and Wink Furness (£166), whose family are raising money for a wheelchair following a fall.
Landlord Joe Hill said: “We raised £3,700 for Billy’s Fund which I think is fantastic. Thank you to Tydd St Giles Golf Club for their generosity with green fees, all the companies that sponsored a banner for each tee, the players and everybody who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, many thanks to the bands and singers who entertained the crowds at the football and special thanks to everyone who supported and helped us during the day’s events.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad