Black Bear pub in Walsoken raises more than £5,000 for good causes with golf day and football match
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Walsoken has been going all out to help worthy causes.
The Black Bear’s charity golf day at Tydd St Giles Golf Club raised a staggering £3,700 for the Billy Lee fund.
If that was not enough, the pub’s annual charity football match against The Six Ringers at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, which was accompanied by live music, raised more than £1,330.
This was split between the East Anglian Air Ambulance (£1,000), Billy Lee (£166) and Wink Furness (£166), whose family are raising money for a wheelchair following a fall.
Landlord Joe Hill said: “We raised £3,700 for Billy’s Fund which I think is fantastic. Thank you to Tydd St Giles Golf Club for their generosity with green fees, all the companies that sponsored a banner for each tee, the players and everybody who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, many thanks to the bands and singers who entertained the crowds at the football and special thanks to everyone who supported and helped us during the day’s events.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks