Bishop pops into Wisbech school to attend special Christmas celebrations
A DISTINGUISHED visitor to Wisbech in the run-up to Christmas was the Bishop of Huntingdon, the Rt Rev David Thomson.
His visit mainly took in attendance at St Peter’s C of E School in Trafford Road where he received a warm welcome from the children.
The Bishop took part in one of the school’s Christingle services, the traditional renactment to symbolise Christ’s love and light.
Pupils, parents and staff all joined the Bishop to watch the traditional Nativity story unfold.
Teaching assistant Andy Houghton said: “In addition to this we were all serenaded by the school’s brass section.
You may also want to watch:
“Our school as very privileged to have been visited by Bishop David.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments