Bishop pops into Wisbech school to attend special Christmas celebrations
A DISTINGUISHED visitor to Wisbech in the run-up to Christmas was the Bishop of Huntingdon, the Rt Rev David Thomson.
His visit mainly took in attendance at St Peter’s C of E School in Trafford Road where he received a warm welcome from the children.
The Bishop took part in one of the school’s Christingle services, the traditional renactment to symbolise Christ’s love and light.
Pupils, parents and staff all joined the Bishop to watch the traditional Nativity story unfold.
Teaching assistant Andy Houghton said: “In addition to this we were all serenaded by the school’s brass section.
You may also want to watch:
“Our school as very privileged to have been visited by Bishop David.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office