Community fundraiser at Wisbech raises thousands for local care centre
- Credit: Archant
Thousands were raised at this year’s community fundraising day in Wisbech over the weekend.
Visitors flocked to Wisbech Rugby Club to see a range of activities on show, from Zumba, an Insanity demonstration and Samurai Shotokan karate, to an owl display and live entertainment from Jo Manning and Adrian Bondy.
In total, a minimum of £3,805 was collected but could yet still rise to over £4,000, all in aid of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in the town.
Mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Michael Hill, was also in attendance and the event was broadcasted by local radio station, Fen Radio.
Xyanthe Lambert, organiser of the event, said: "What started out as an idea became reality last Saturday and exceeded expectations.
"I had the idea, but it relied on so many people to make it happen and for that I am very grateful.
"It wouldn't have been the huge success that it was and I am so very grateful."
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 9 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
Planning is now underway for next year's Big Community Fundraiser which will be at the same venue on Saturday, June 27.