Community fundraiser at Wisbech raises thousands for local care centre
- Credit: Archant
Thousands were raised at this year’s community fundraising day in Wisbech over the weekend.
Visitors flocked to Wisbech Rugby Club to see a range of activities on show, from Zumba, an Insanity demonstration and Samurai Shotokan karate, to an owl display and live entertainment from Jo Manning and Adrian Bondy.
In total, a minimum of £3,805 was collected but could yet still rise to over £4,000, all in aid of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in the town.
Mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Michael Hill, was also in attendance and the event was broadcasted by local radio station, Fen Radio.
Xyanthe Lambert, organiser of the event, said: "What started out as an idea became reality last Saturday and exceeded expectations.
You may also want to watch:
"I had the idea, but it relied on so many people to make it happen and for that I am very grateful.
"It wouldn't have been the huge success that it was and I am so very grateful."
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 10 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
Planning is now underway for next year's Big Community Fundraiser which will be at the same venue on Saturday, June 27.