Wisbech Community Fundraiser exceeds expectations to raise thousands for local care centre
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Big Community Fundraiser in Wisbech certainly exceeded expectations.
The event, held at Wisbech Rugby Club, raised £5,711 in aid of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre and organiser Xyanthe Lambert along with other team members recently visited the centre to present the cheque.
Initially, the final sum was scheduled to rise to over £4,000 from a well-attended event that hosted a range of activities, including Zumba, Samurai Shotokan karate and live entertainment.
The event was also broadcasted on local radio station, Fen Radio, and was attended by mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Michael Hill.
Speaking soon after the fundraiser, Xyanthe could not wish for such success and said: "I had the idea, but it relied on so many people to make it happen and for that I am very grateful."
You may also want to watch:
Xyanthe and the team have already organised next year's spectacular, which is planned for Saturday, June 27 at Wisbech Rugby Club.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police