Wisbech Community Fundraiser exceeds expectations to raise thousands for local care centre
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Big Community Fundraiser in Wisbech certainly exceeded expectations.
The event, held at Wisbech Rugby Club, raised £5,711 in aid of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre and organiser Xyanthe Lambert along with other team members recently visited the centre to present the cheque.
Initially, the final sum was scheduled to rise to over £4,000 from a well-attended event that hosted a range of activities, including Zumba, Samurai Shotokan karate and live entertainment.
The event was also broadcasted on local radio station, Fen Radio, and was attended by mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Michael Hill.
Speaking soon after the fundraiser, Xyanthe could not wish for such success and said: "I had the idea, but it relied on so many people to make it happen and for that I am very grateful."
You may also want to watch:
Xyanthe and the team have already organised next year's spectacular, which is planned for Saturday, June 27 at Wisbech Rugby Club.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident