‘Best ever’ GCSE results for Wisbech’s TBAP Octavia AP Academy
- Credit: Archant
An academy in Wisbech that supports pupils who have had difficulty in mainstream school has had their “best ever” GCSE results.
TBAP Octavia AP Academy, in Coalwharf Road, had 95 per cent of learners secure at least five or more GCSEs (9-1) or their equivalent, alongside 100 per cent accreditation.
Six learners achieved 10 GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
The TBAP Cambridge AP Academy also reported its highest ever GCSE point score (164 points) this year.
Around 56 per cent of learners achieved at least five or more GCSEs (9-1) or their equivalent and 89 per cent of learners achieved at least one GCSE or equivalent.
You may also want to watch:
Seamus Oates CBE, chief executive officer at TBAP Trust, said: "At TBAP Academies across the country, learners and staff have been celebrating another year of GCSE success.
"The percentage of learners achieving five or more GCSEs continues to rise year on year and English has been particularly strong this year.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
"Congratulations to all our learners for their hard work, resilience and perseverance, which has been rewarded with outcomes we are all incredibly proud of."