Fraud awareness event is coming to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Barclays is holding a fraud awareness event at its Wisbech branch to help give advice on safe banking and protecting from rogue traders.
The event is on Friday October 12 from 9.30am-4.30pm.
Chris Channell, deputy community banking director for Norfolk and Suffolk, said: “Fraudsters can try to trick people in many different ways, at a cash machine, by email, text, phone or on-line often posing as somebody from a trusted organisation.
“Barclays fraud awareness events can help people from becoming a victim of fraud and give them the opportunity to ask questions and gain an understanding of the importance of keeping safe from the range of scams in existence.
“We work closely with both the police and trading standards and our branch colleagues continue to be vigilant and will often question customers if they feel they could be under duress when asking to withdraw large sums of money, especially the elderly.”
The session will help people to learn more about digital banking, paying bills, shopping and Skyping friends and family.
There will be a range of leaflets that people can take away to remind them of the crime prevention advice offered.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
• Anyone wishing to attend the event can simply attend on the day. You do not need to be a customer.