Fraud awareness event is coming to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Barclays is holding a fraud awareness event at its Wisbech branch to help give advice on safe banking and protecting from rogue traders.
The event is on Friday October 12 from 9.30am-4.30pm.
Chris Channell, deputy community banking director for Norfolk and Suffolk, said: “Fraudsters can try to trick people in many different ways, at a cash machine, by email, text, phone or on-line often posing as somebody from a trusted organisation.
“Barclays fraud awareness events can help people from becoming a victim of fraud and give them the opportunity to ask questions and gain an understanding of the importance of keeping safe from the range of scams in existence.
“We work closely with both the police and trading standards and our branch colleagues continue to be vigilant and will often question customers if they feel they could be under duress when asking to withdraw large sums of money, especially the elderly.”
You may also want to watch:
The session will help people to learn more about digital banking, paying bills, shopping and Skyping friends and family.
There will be a range of leaflets that people can take away to remind them of the crime prevention advice offered.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
• Anyone wishing to attend the event can simply attend on the day. You do not need to be a customer.