Balaclava clad burglars assault ‘terrified’ girl, 19 - and the family dog - as they ransack Wisbech home of cash and jewellery worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was left terrified after balaclava clad intruders forced their way into her Wisbech home, sprayed her with an incapacitant, pulled her hair and hit the family dog in the face.
The two men also poured washing up liquid over the frightened 19-year-old after she opened the front door of her home in Windsor Drive last Friday (January 22) at 11.45am.
While in the house, the men carried out a thorough search of the home, stealing jewellery worth £3,000 and £250 cash.
Detective Constable Shelley Reeve said: “This was a serious offence involving a 19-year-old female victim who has been left terrified. She was taken to hospital with significant swelling and bruising to her eye.
“We would urge anyone who was in the area at the time and saw these men, the vehicle or anything suspicious to contact police with information.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were described as wearing black balaclavas, jogging bottoms and hoodies. They are believed to have left in a dark estate vehicle with blacked out windows
Anyone with information should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager