Balaclava clad burglars assault ‘terrified’ girl, 19 - and the family dog - as they ransack Wisbech home of cash and jewellery worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was left terrified after balaclava clad intruders forced their way into her Wisbech home, sprayed her with an incapacitant, pulled her hair and hit the family dog in the face.
The two men also poured washing up liquid over the frightened 19-year-old after she opened the front door of her home in Windsor Drive last Friday (January 22) at 11.45am.
While in the house, the men carried out a thorough search of the home, stealing jewellery worth £3,000 and £250 cash.
Detective Constable Shelley Reeve said: “This was a serious offence involving a 19-year-old female victim who has been left terrified. She was taken to hospital with significant swelling and bruising to her eye.
“We would urge anyone who was in the area at the time and saw these men, the vehicle or anything suspicious to contact police with information.”
You may also want to watch:
The men were described as wearing black balaclavas, jogging bottoms and hoodies. They are believed to have left in a dark estate vehicle with blacked out windows
Anyone with information should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time