Back in Time at Peckover House
- Credit: Archant
The kitchens of the National Trust’s Peckover House will be alive with the sounds of another era on two Saturdays this month with the aid of th
re-enactment group LEADA and their ‘Marmalade Cake’ event.
Victorian cooks will be busy with preparations for the birthday tea party for Alexandrina, aged 10.
They are hardly to know that one day this ten year old girl will grow to help her town in many ways and will eventually pass her home into the care of the National Trust.
As they prepare treats for the grand party tea, the cooks share gossip about their world with any visitor who cares to eavesdrop.
You may also want to watch:
“Anything from the latest Victorian recipe to local and family gossip might be overheard as the servants go about their work,” said Linda Ekins of LEADA, “You never know what you are likely to hear.”
‘Marmalade Cake’ will bring the kitchen alive on Saturday 16 and Saturday 23 June, from 1pm to 3.30pm.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover or call 01945 583463 for more information.