Wisbech entertainer joins in with the #BabySharkChallenge viral video trend
- Credit: Archant
Baby Shark fever spread to the Fens over the weekend as a Wisbech entertainer joined in with the viral video trend.
Xyanthe Lambert, who runs XtraMileEntertainments, posted a video of her colleague dressed up in a full costume performing the nursery song – it has already been viewed 3,500 times.
She tweeted: “So how did you spend your Sunday afternoon? This was mine down a quiet lane in Wisbech...”
The 49-year-old said: “I own Xtra Mile Entertainments, in Wisbech, so have mascots.
“We do a lot of children’s parties with games and absolutely love what we do.
“We had the idea (myself and my best friend Kerrie Coe, 39). She is the one that is dressed up as Princess Poppy) as at present the Kiki car/dance is going viral.
“So, as entertainers we wanted to do the children’s version, as the shark is the latest trend.”
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Baby Shark Dance is a nursery song about a family of sharks which spawned the #BabySharkChallenge viral video.
While the song is designated for children, it has become increasingly popular with adults over the last few weeks and thousands have posted their own videos on social media.