Staff at Hickathrift House Care home in Marshland St James win national awards
- Credit: Archant
Two members of staff at Hickathrift House Care home in Marshland St James were awarded at a national competition.
Laura Archer, administrator, was named the winner in the home administration champion category at the 2017 Barchester Care Awards.
Kanita Oakey-Kierman, administrative assistant, also won a lifetime achievement award for her 25 years’ service to the company.
They said: “We were truly shocked and overwhelmed by becoming divisional winners but to both win the national title’s was amazing.
“We are both so lucky to do job’s that we love, thank you to everyone at Hickathrift House and Barchester for your kind messages and support.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackalynne Shields, general manager at Hickathrift House, said: “This is an amazing achievement and the whole home have been supporting Laura and Kanita throughout the care awards.
“We are so proud to have not one but two national winners at Hickathrift House.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
The awards are held annually to celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for individuals living in Barchester care homes.