Staff at Hickathrift House Care home in Marshland St James win national awards
- Credit: Archant
Two members of staff at Hickathrift House Care home in Marshland St James were awarded at a national competition.
Laura Archer, administrator, was named the winner in the home administration champion category at the 2017 Barchester Care Awards.
Kanita Oakey-Kierman, administrative assistant, also won a lifetime achievement award for her 25 years’ service to the company.
They said: “We were truly shocked and overwhelmed by becoming divisional winners but to both win the national title’s was amazing.
“We are both so lucky to do job’s that we love, thank you to everyone at Hickathrift House and Barchester for your kind messages and support.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackalynne Shields, general manager at Hickathrift House, said: “This is an amazing achievement and the whole home have been supporting Laura and Kanita throughout the care awards.
“We are so proud to have not one but two national winners at Hickathrift House.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
The awards are held annually to celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for individuals living in Barchester care homes.