Aviva names parking space in Horsefair as one of the 10 worst in the country
THIS parking space in the Horsefair Car Park in Wisbech has today been named one of the 10 worst in the country by insurance giant Aviva. The company invited people to nominate their nightmare parking spaces for a month. And this space has ma
THIS parking space in the Horsefair Car Park in Wisbech has today been named one of the 10 worst in the country by insurance giant Aviva.
The company invited people to nominate their nightmare parking spaces for a month.
And this space has made the top 10 - according to Aviva this space to the left of the entrance is often left empty.
"You'll be in there forever, if you manage to get in it in the first place," said an Aviva spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The company added that motorists need some "pretty adept parking skills and a fairly small car to negotiate around the ground floor of the car park and its hefty wing-mirror threatening concrete posts".
The Horsefair Car Park has made the list alongside car parks in Blackpool, Harrogate, Nottingham, Brighton, Hertford and Soho.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Aviva has employed two expert parkers who will be on-hand at some of the ten shortlisted locations for the next two days to guide nervous drivers into the spaces.
David Tyers, director of insurance marketing at Aviva, said: "Some of us are better parkers than others, but sometimes the spaces we try and shoe-horn our cars into are so awkward that even the most experienced driver in the world would struggle.
"We thought we'd ask the pubic for their worst experiences and they've certainly come up with some priceless examples.
• Tell us about your Horsefair parking nightmares by clicking here.