Aviva names parking space in Horsefair as one of the 10 worst in the country
THIS parking space in the Horsefair Car Park in Wisbech has today been named one of the 10 worst in the country by insurance giant Aviva. The company invited people to nominate their nightmare parking spaces for a month. And this space has ma
THIS parking space in the Horsefair Car Park in Wisbech has today been named one of the 10 worst in the country by insurance giant Aviva.
The company invited people to nominate their nightmare parking spaces for a month.
And this space has made the top 10 - according to Aviva this space to the left of the entrance is often left empty.
"You'll be in there forever, if you manage to get in it in the first place," said an Aviva spokesman.
The company added that motorists need some "pretty adept parking skills and a fairly small car to negotiate around the ground floor of the car park and its hefty wing-mirror threatening concrete posts".
The Horsefair Car Park has made the list alongside car parks in Blackpool, Harrogate, Nottingham, Brighton, Hertford and Soho.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 8 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
Aviva has employed two expert parkers who will be on-hand at some of the ten shortlisted locations for the next two days to guide nervous drivers into the spaces.
David Tyers, director of insurance marketing at Aviva, said: "Some of us are better parkers than others, but sometimes the spaces we try and shoe-horn our cars into are so awkward that even the most experienced driver in the world would struggle.
"We thought we'd ask the pubic for their worst experiences and they've certainly come up with some priceless examples.
• Tell us about your Horsefair parking nightmares by clicking here.