History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
- Credit: Tiger Racing
An autobiography detailing the history of a road and racing car manufacturer in the Fens has been released.
‘An Autobiographical History of Tiger Sportscars’, written by Jim Dudley, highlights the development of Tiger Racing in Wisbech, as well as Jim’s childhood before the business was formed in 1989.
“I was born in Bexleyheath, Kent and the book starts from when I was around three-years-old; I am 72 now,” Jim said.
The book includes over 300 photographs of cars, works, club events and history behind the family-run firm, as well as examples of classic restorations.
Jim, director at Tiger Racing, aims to provide an insight for motoring fans into the firm’s facilities, such as its workshops, servicing and body repairs at its home on Anglia Way.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no real message behind the book,” he said.
“But it’s been interesting, with a lot of ups and some serious downs and the book shows just how we, ‘the family’, got to 2021 at Tiger.”
The autobiography can be purchased online by visiting: https://tigerracing.com/shop, using code 010, or call Tiger Racing on 01945 466200 or 01945 461243.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer